August 03, 2006

The box

Last night I wanted to write about a goth, candy apple red casket. Not sure why. I don't plan on ever being in a casket (cremation remember), and I don't imagine any of my friends or family wanting something you might see in The Adams Family Christmas Story.

I haven't been to a funeral since I was a kid. I know people who lose family and friends on a regular basis. It's not their fault, it's the cycle of life. We are born, we grow, we live, we try to reach childhood again and then we die. Or we are taken early. Hmmm... there is an interesting concept. That we are taken. That there is something more after this life. I'm more of a reincarnation fan myself.

I kind of like the Buddhist idea of reincarnation. If you behave badly in this life, you come back as something lesser. If you do well, you come back as something better isn't really fitting with my thoughts though. I suspect in an earlier life I was a blacksmith/armorer because I've always had a predilection for a good knife or sword. I also love looking at war machines and the like (although I never understood how they work).

I'm not sure what this post is about, so I'm just going to end here. Perhaps I'll have some kind of revelation later and write some more, but don't count on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home