September 22, 2006

3 Days

In the last three days, I've hit three continents. Basically, that means I've covered almost half the known world. (As if we are still in the wooden ship explorer days. lol) Actually, we know very little about 3/4 of the earth because it's covered with water. But, that's a story for another day.

So, when last we spoke, I was in Prague. I'll try to post the pix links to my photos tomorrow. In the meantime, just a quick post.

In the world in which we live, we can hop on a plane and in a night, we can be in another continent. As I alluded above, in the last three days, I've done that twice. I've hopped from Europe to North America to South America.

For the first time ever, I had an airline lose my luggage. Normally, this would just be an annoyance, however, with the new travel restrictions on toiletries, I'm caught out with nothing to groom with. Not good. Not good at all.

When I logged into Blogger to type this post, everything showed up in Portuguese. Gotta love technology. I can fly halfway around the world and still post here, but it's funny to me that the computer interprets not for the user, but for the place the user is.

I define vacations two ways. There are trips where you go and do and see things and there are vacations where you rest and recuperate. This time, I've combined the two. I tripped for two weeks in the Habsburg Empire and seen and experienced things I couldn't imagine and now I'm taking time to rest. The beaches of Rio and Buzios await.

I may post periodically, but don't expect daily tales of the sand.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

A lot of sensory input. I hope you are taking a lot of pictures and making notes. So many of the details can fade into nothingness because the senses are being assualted so strongly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home