December 12, 2005

The ugly stick

I heard the line long ago, but I find it truer than true even today. Perhaps it applies even more to women than it does men. 'Fashion is something so ugly, it must be changed every six months'.

It's true. I'm not talking about style, which never goes out, but fashion. The current trend of the day in which people clothe their bodies in. Striped shirts for men are the big thing right now. I'm sure in a year, I will have a good selection of clothes that will will be highly collectable in a retro/vintage fashion shop in 30 years. Ah, I see you've got an excellent selection of '04-'06 vintage stripes sir. We'd be happy to either buy them outright or put them up for consignment for you.

Yes, I can see it now. The beautiful Green and White diagonal strip shirt that has about an 70% record for getting me laid. The pink and brown vertical stripe from Banana Republic. (Is there an age limit to shopping there? I definitely see people older than me in there, but as my stylist told me today, I 'do have a lot of premature gray hair'. For now, since I'm still getting carded on a regular basis I'll continue to shop there (or at least browse as I did today)). Then there is the wondrous dagr brand french cuff shirt I managed to pick up somewhere along the way and have only found excuses to wear twice. I'm sure in 30 years, it'll be helping some hipster kid score more than it's helped me, but whatever.

So what is on the horizon of fashion next? Paisley has been cropping up in a big way of late. But I'm thinking it's going to be a trend toward plain. Back we will go to the clean simple looks. Levi's instead of Lucky jeans and those hand painted and baubled denims. White cotton oxfords in solid colors. Perhaps even the little horse ala Polo will be in again. Who knows. But if you can peg it first, you too can be fashionable. I wish you luck. Oh, did you see those sweet kicks...

5 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Whenever my clothing becomes stylish I want to change. I don't, but it crosses my mind.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger M is for... said...

you are sooooooooo metro, poodle

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Mad Munkey said...

I'm testing comment moderation because I'm being spammed by one particular user repeatedly. Hopefully, this will work and I'll be able to remove it shortly.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I am a fashion whore...I wonder if there's a pill for it. I'm also addicted to shopping...they go hand and hand I suppose.
Striped shirts...LOVE them. Very hot! I actually just bought another for hubby to add to his collection!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

What once was old is always new again... we're going thru a mini '80s resurgence right now is all. Good thing I still have some duds from those years, huh? LMAO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home