October 02, 2005

Pump up the volume

What was that? I can't hear you. What? Turn it down? If it's too loud, you're too old. Riiight. Here is the thing. While there was a short period in my life when I thought having a booming car stereo that could be heard a block away was cool, I am most certainly past that point. I'm not saying I don't play my stereo loud with the windows down which I'm sure irritates some people, but it's stock... it can't be THAT loud.

This in complete contrast to the guy that just drove by my house. My windows are shut and still let it a good deal of noise, but the bass was shaking the wall my foot is resting on. Now, if that happens, what do you suppose is happening to the persons body that is mere feet from the speaker that emanates this noise? Could his organs be damaged? Internal bleeding? Ass munch.

I am getting old though. Loud noises tend to really get on my nerves more with each passing year. Or is that month? I'm not sure. It began with loud talkers. You know the one in the restaurant that is letting everyone know their business? Like I give a wild donkey dick if your cramps are like a vice grips or that Marsha is cheating on Bob and you just don't know what to do beside share the gossip with your best friend and the entire dining room.

From there, it went to loud noise in general. Babies crying, children squealing, the guy farting in the bathroom stall (whole separate post I hope I never write), construction noise. Maybe I just hear really well? Doubt it. I do have a really great sniffer though. My sense of smell is off the hook. I can smell a cigarette in the car in front of me doing 25 miles an hour when we both have our windows open. And I mean just lit, not when he/she/it is blowing enormous clouds of foul smelling smoke into my atmosphere. Double ass munch.

5 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Natalia said...

I think it all depends on the noise. Babies crying, even if soft, still grates my nerves. But I love loud concerts...so it is all relative, darling.

-N

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Frank said...

Weird... I think I blew my car speakers just a few days ago!!! :-(

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger SS said...

Ah yes, loud noises start to bother you -- We all reach that point. The loud kids and babies crying is the WORST though. I will go crazy if I have to listen to that for more then a few seconds.

Plus, if your music is so loud that all you can hear is the bass in a song what's the point? You could be listening to any crap if that's all you can hear anyway. It's not cool, it's just booming.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Ooooooooh pet peeve alert! I fucking HATE it when idiots drive by my house and make the windows shake. Pisses me off to high heaven. I won't even begin to rant about those exhaust things that make the cars sound like a fucking video game. I'm not blaming this on age, either. I'm 34 years old for Christ's sake. I'm not anywhere near 70, people. I like to 'blame' it on class and tact.

When I have my music blaring and I'm singing along at the top of my lungs I make damn well sure that I'm going at least 55mph. See? Class. *smirk*

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You'd love my neighbors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home