April 25, 2007

uggh... a day

Anyone get the name of that truck? It's taken me 4 hours to actually wake up today. I was moving, communicating, doing work. but I don't think I was really there. I felt like crap and felt like I was moving through a haze. No, I didn't drink last night, so the truck wasn't labeled Crown Royal or anything.

I'm not really sure what I'm writing about today. Feels like a snippets kind of day.

The two kids that live next to me are so cute, with gas prices on the rise, they commute together in one car. Awww... Here is the weird thing though. They've been married for just 10 months. I don't see them as 'in love'. You know when you see two people together that just seem to be together. I wonder if they both just settled since they dated for long enough. They don't play word games, they don't touch each other, no lingering looks from across the room. I find it oddly unsettling.

I miss blogland, but it's impossible to go back to the way it was. It's almost like I used up all my words sometimes. It's not writers block. But the funny stuff doesn't come to play so much anymore. And the other kinds of writing that brought people here. Of course, I don't read and comment on a lot of blogs anymore. I seem to have too many time constraints. I just wanted to mention that just because I'm not there everyday doesn't mean my thoughts aren't.

I wish it would rain today so I could go get ice cream. We did that when I as a little kid. It would rain and my mother would trundle us into the car for a trip to Dairy Queen or B&G Milkyway. (Home to the largest ice cream cone I've ever seen in softserve). I'm thinking about a nice twist cone with crushed nuts rolled or sprinkled on the outside. A nice salty contrast to the sweet cream in the cone. *sigh*

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

I wondered when you were going to get off your lazy butt and post.

Humor is subjective, you know. And you haven't come close to using up all of your words.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger bikeandbeer said...

interestingly, a lot of the blogs i read have been on hiatus also... i myself was not there. something in the air?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

I feel the same way about blogging lately. It's like I've got nothing to share. I think it's Spring's fault.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home