September 25, 2006

In the rain no less...

Last night I finally took the opportunity to drive in Rio de Janeiro traffic. Now, if you think this is a small thing, it's not. I'm used to big city traffic and it's random drivers, but traffic here is on a whole different level. Motorbike delivery guys weave in and out of traffic with little regard for their personal safety. A hole now is fair game since it might be closed in a blink of an eye. Buses and cars drive down the road with little notice of the lane dividers. Simply squeezing in to the lane with the widest aperture. (Or lanes if that is more appropriate.)

Not only did I drive into this traffic, I did it driving a car I've never driven, a manual stick, at night and in the RAIN. WooHoo to me. Passengers and cargo delivered safely to their destination. This despite the fact that unlike the US, there are all manner of cars with extremely dim or even no headlights, manpowered carts moving against traffic, and even a bus coming at me in my lane. Wowsa, gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. Wanna go for a ride?

4 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

You are freakin' crazy! Mad Munkey doesn't begin to cover it.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

The only thing missing is a picture of this incident. Bring a camera next time. I'm sure you can finagle a shot or two of your surroundings!

(Insane!)

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Where in the hell are you, dude? Need an update here. ASAP or sooner.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Just visited the photo gallery. Good job! BTW, bring me some of the Swiss Canibas Iced Tea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home