December 15, 2005

Modern day Walter Mitty?

I'm not really the stealing kind of person, but I've had this bizarre desire to steal something since I was a teenager. A particular thing. Something you wouldn't really know what to do with. You certainly wouldn't have a place to put it. It's large, it's bulky, it's highly visible. Not an object you would have an easy time just making off with and no-one being the wiser.

What is this marvelous thing? A beer truck. Yes, the mid-size beer deliery truck you see on the streets on a regular basis. The one with the angeled sides. Hmm... nice cold beer in basically unlimited quantities. How great of a party could you throw with your very own beer truck? Why, you could even go find some homeless folks and dole them out a nice supply to tide them over for the holidays as well. lol

Now, I'm not a huge beer drinker. I have no idea where this strange urge comes from, but I don't think I've ever seen a beer truck in my adult life I didn't imagine driving away in. It's not a complulsion, I'll never actually do the deed, but I'll keep thinking about it. Beeeeer. Even on a freezing cold day, the bright images and the years of marketing come to bear. Change my whole Latitude. Indeed. Anyone with me? How about a nice cold beer from my little truck here? You know you want one... Come on, the first one's free. heh heh

7 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

You need to steal a Captain Morgan truck. Give me a call when you do.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Lil Bit said...

*bellies up to the bar... er, beer truck*
Got any imports in here? No crappy beer for me, thanks. ;)
ps Sorry I haven't been around lately.... How ya been, sweetie?

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

How much will the second beer cost? I'm a little short on cash...
;)

I'll be watching the news. Strange things happen to people around the holidays...you might lose it and actually find yourself behind the wheel of that truck.


~Eyes

Feelin' better yet??

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Annalis said...

"Now, I'm not a huge beer drinker."

I'm not sure I agree with this statement, MM. :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Still Searching... said...

Stealing a whole truck, when you haven't stolen anything before...just a wee bit ambitious, wouldn't you say? How 'bout starting with just "A" beer? :-)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Schuyler said...

Remember that scene at the end of "Strage Brew" when Bob and Doug have saved the world from the evil mind controlling beer? And they convince the police to let them "dispose" of the tainted beer? And one of them (I never kept their names straight) was all worried about them driving the big truck?

"It's a 10 speed?"
"So it's just a 5 speed times 2!!"
"No way, eh!! You're gonna crash it!!"
<awesome movie quote>"We can't crash this. It's a _beer_ truck!!"</awesome movie quote>

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

Ummm...Munkey? Did you steal a truck and find yourself in jail?

~Eyes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home