June 09, 2005

A pile of what?

You ever feel like your life just turned into a pile of shit for no apparent reason? One day, things are going swimmingly and the next, you have more on your plate than you ever imagined. Where does this stuff come from? It's all little stuff too. It's not the big stuff, the big life decisions, the kind of thing that ends up with a ring on someone's finger or a mortgage that feels bigger than you could ever earn in your current lifetime (although, I'll admit the second one is certainly looming over me).

This is the the stuff everyone is always telling you not to sweat. You know what though? It's hot in here... Everyone that senses this is going on wants to help and I don't know how to let them. It's not like they can come and fold my pile of laundry or organize my sock drawer. That's not my problem. Nor can I explain to them what it is exactly that is bothering me.

I think most people reach for reach for uncle Jack or Jim or a Crown at this point in time. I don't have the time or the inclination to deaden myself to my world. Each experience a movement along the path that is my life story. Good or bad, it's the things that I will remember in a year that will really mean something in my life. Those that I remember in 10 years even more so... the fact that my sock drawer isn't up to snuff isn't something I'm going to remember even a month from now, so why do I let it get under my skin like a fresh tattoo and itch the crap out of me?

I dont' expect answers... just wanted to vomit my mind. Sometimes a good puke is just what the dr. ordered.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger M is for... said...

you how they say (i'd like to know who 'they' are) the whole thing about life handing you lemon and you make lemonade. What are you supposed to do when life hands you poo? Fertilize? hmmmmm, if that's true, go forth and get laid my friend.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

This is the kind of thing that makes us who we are. I had a period of time in my life about 2 years ago that just knocked the shit out of me. I thought I was going to drown. I'm still not completely over "it" and don't know if the shattered pieces of glass will ever stop cutting me. People told me the same thing..."don’t sweat it"...yeah, well fuck off, cuz I am...
But, I'm here and a better person for it.
This post was written awhile ago and I do hope that things have been better for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home