June 08, 2005

Pre-travel

So, I'm getting ready for another adventure... Chicago on Friday. I'd WooHoo, but my woohoo factor is low right now. I've never been to Chicago so at least it's a new experience. I called a place to make reservations for some people I'm meeting there. Decided to casually ask what the average dinner price is... $22-$79. Um, just curious, what is the $79 entre? A 44 ounce Porterhouse steak. OMG. Now, I'm a major steak eater, but even I can't eat 44 oz. of meat. I assume it's meant to share with another person, but at almost 3 pounds, I think that almost qualifies as Dinner for Three. lol Either that, or this is the extreme version of Super-size me. After being in Europe, I'm agog at the size of portions for our food here. I was rarely hungry in Europe post meal. They serve everything just right. Here, you can eat so much, distend your stomach and then desire to eat again within a couple of hours... what a crappy mindset we have here. Give me MORE instead of give me what I NEED. So lame. And we buy into it. Bigger, better, faster. What happened to enjoying the process of our lives?

1 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I can so totally understand the portion size issue. Portion sizes are a lot smaller here in Japan too. Whenever I go back to the states, I just can't believe how much crap is eaten....the food isn't all that great and they serve you gobs of it. I love smaller portions and more flavor. Have fun in Chicago!

Jen Pack
http://petitshoo.typepad.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home