October 14, 2008

True lies

What lies do you tell yourself? Are they small? Are they ginormous?

He's not cheating on me.
The baby's really mine.
I was hungry, I needed the extra half sandwich.
I don't look fat in these pants.
She loves me for my mind.
It really is what you do with it.
I needed it more than the company.
No handicapped person needed that parking space.
I can stop whenever I want.
I know the Browns are going to win.
I don't kiss my boss's ass.
I respect myself.
I don't need anyone.
I'm the only one.
I'll look for a new job next week.
I'm not lonely.
I asked for it.
Change is good for change sake.

It's not really the size of the lie, but the weight it holds over you. Sometimes the tiniest of lies are the biggest things. What you keep from others for their sake. For their protection. Are they things you'd want kept from you?

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

The government knows what's best for me. They have my best interests at heart.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger jin said...

"Of course you can manage taking care of everything by yourself."

However, this is merely a lie that gets me through the bad days to find that on the good days I don't feel it's a lie anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home