August 07, 2008

Random bits

There has been a dime laying on the floor on my Utility room floor for a good 6 months. I picked it up today. I considered moving it to another tile 6 inches to the right. That would have been in my way though, so instead, I dropped the freaking thing in the 3 liter wine bottle where all the spare change in my house lives. (Big family, you know?)

I have a stuffed pig that I have no idea where it came from. When you squeeze it, it has a mechanical oinker inside that is well, supposed to oink. This one says "Fight Fire". I swear. I don't know why I keep it, but it's a good laugh sometimes to hear a pig say 'Fight Fire". And it's much better than the Devil Ducky I have that lets out a loose wet fart sound when you squeeze it.

Everyone says my place needs a plant, so I bought a bonsai tree. I figure if I can keep it alive 'til Christmas it's a major milestone in my life. The tree I got is nine or ten years old and if I can actually keep it alive, it would live to be 300. It needs to be repotted every year, so I'm thinking its odds of survival ain't so good. The thing drinks about 8 ounces of water a day. For something so small, it's amazingly hungry.

4 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

An artificial bansai would be almost certain to survive.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

My son won a squeezey cow at some kid's go-cart hell place. When you squeeze it a round, brown bubble bulges from the cow's ass.

I can't make up stuff like this.

BTW, I use old canning jars for our change. Damn, I love cashing that stuff in for a stack of bills.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger LyZa said...

at least you're taking care of it... take a pic if it dies.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

It's about time for a confirmation that you are still alive and kicking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home