July 10, 2008

Just a day

It was just a day when I least expected it. It was just a day when I wanted more. It was just a day when I woke up in another place I didn't know. It was just a day when I was smiled at by a child. It was just a day when I felt the raindrops. It was just a day when I last saw my family. I was just a day when I woke up screaming. It was just a day when I saw the sunset. It was just a day when I stumbled. It was just a day when I was lost in Berlin. It was just a day when I let things go. It was just a day when I was broken. It was just a day when I walked away from everyone I knew. It was just a day when I saw the stars. It was just a day when a dog licked my face. It was just a day when the breeze ruffled my hair. It was just a day as I sipped my lemonade. It was just a day when I schrooshed the leaves under my feet. It was just a day when I felt the biting cold. It quit being just a day when I fell in love with you.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

The last line makes this work very, very well. I wish I had written it.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger celtgirl said...

Wow. That was beautiful.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger just a girl... said...

uhh if I ever need a guest blogger you will be the first one I ask. That is beautiful...you are now added to my blogroll. first time visitor, come say hi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home