May 13, 2005

Smelly Old People

I'd say I'm fresh out of commentary, but in truth, I just realized how hard it is to write on the train. Shaky. More later.

---------

What is it that makes old people smell? OMG SOmeone just walked by me and it nearly overpowered me. I haven't smelled that since I was a little kid visiting on of my great aunts for a birthday or some other family affair. I wasn't afraid of her, but rather terrified of that odor. Is it the wrinkles or when you age, do you some people simply decide they will no longer bathe?

--------

So I entered Venice on the train. Pulling into the 'city of love' alone really didn't do a lot for my mood. I need a Webster's Collegiate Dictionary word for sad that just isn't in my vocabulary tonight. Morose doesn't quite cover it sadly enough.

So as a contrast to last night's dinner, I went to the hotel restaurant. Big mistake, HUGE! Anyway, was seated right away. Their best table. The fact that I was the lone diner had nothing to do with it. Did I mention I was at one of the most exclusive hotels in Venice? Hmmm... Not sure how I managed that, but I'm here for two nights. My room has a 2o foot balcony overlooking the sea. 7th floor no less. "upgraded" was the reception desks only comment. Hey, she's really cute. If the other jackass would walk away, I could ask her out. Her smile says, "Yes." Damn.

So Unlike the last room that had a square toilet seat, this one is normal (again the Bidet right next door - lol). The room is huge though. Easily as large as my room at home... the bed is not like the concrete I slept on the last two nights either. Hmmm... might have to move in here... tee hee.

I arrived on the train at 1:30 pm this afternoon. I didn't get to my room until 4 pm. I'm on Lido island (as far east in Venice as you can get. If I walk out on the pier from the beach, I'll be as far east in Venice as you can possible go without a boat.

I'm off to bed. I have a long day tomorrow if the weather holds out for me.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

My grandmother-in-law has just started to get "that smell". WHAT IS that? I don't really understand it.
Eewww, and Thanksgiving is on it's way...must order some gas masks.

~Eyes

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Her Daddy's Eyes said...

P.S. I'm SO going to hell!

~Eyes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home