August 16, 2009

The violence of silence

I've been in pain for a long time. When people ask me how I'm doing, it's hard not to reach out and touch that place. The one that hurts. I have learned to lie really well. Most of the time anyway. I'm tired of lying. I hurt. OK. I don't want you to say, I'm sorry. I don't wanna say why. I just hurt. It's not going away anytime soon, so I've just accepted the fact that I hurt. I'm sure you've been there before. The long grinding feeling that lurks just so. Popping up like a highwayman when you least expect and when you most wished it wouldn't. Leaving you strapped and naked in the wild with no way to get to safety.

5 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Buffalo said...

That's pretty much how life works. It doesn't seem fair, but no one promised us fair - only real. You learn to deal with it.

I never found pity from others pleasant. I take a moment now and then to have a private pity party. You know, wallow in it and then get on.

From others - a little understanding goes a long ways. Just realize that I can't do everything I once did. It ain't gonna happen.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Vesper said...

Yeah, I've been there. Well, I am there...

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Keven said...

I feel it. I really do, daily.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Walking with you, friend, even when we can't move.

Yah. It's like that.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Kathye Shiffler said...

Yeah! I am in pain everyday but no one could guess it, I hide it well, sometimes when someone asks, hey how are you? I want to sit them down and really tell them! They probably would never ask again. Gotta stand firm! Leeny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home