March 08, 2009

Unleash the beast

Sometimes we take so much for granted that you might miss your hand in front of you face. Yep, steady ol' hand. Still there after all these years. You don't give a lot of thanks to your hand, but it's there for you everyday. What about Mr. Thumb? Without opposable thumb, first, second, third and fourth fingers are pretty useless. Kind of like having a condom handy, but no partner to use it with.

Today was a really great day. It started off badly and went straight uphill from there. Odd how that happens sometimes. Usually, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and you stay there all day. I saw a lot today that I take for granted. I saw smiles and heard laughter that I did not create or propagate. It was simply there for my enjoyment. The sound of someone else making the most of their time. I wonder if they thought about how marvelous they looked or the pleasure they radiated.

I've been mentally checked out for a long time. It's nice to re-engage. To feel fulfilled. Sometimes I feel like the Colorado River. A roaring torrent that surges through the landscape. Then suddenly trapped in a gorge by a monstrous dam I had no idea was looming in front of me. Then suddenly flowing again. Twisting, turning, churning. Here's to roaring torrents in your mind. Let loose. Be human. Be kind.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Buffalo said...

Not taking things for granted is one of the signs of maturity. Sometimes maturity means old age.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger drunkbh said...

I see Jack hasn't been active in a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home